Thursday, May 8, 2008

Surf Wax America

Our apartment has a hollow feeling, we no longer have fuzzy friends here. Its hard, I see them out of the corner of my eye, I expect that they are sleeping on the couch or on the bed, I still look to feed or water them, and I wait for their calls to wake or go to bed. I had hoped that it would not have been this hard, it feels a lot like losing Isis all over again. My only consolation is that they are with good people, I mean truly good people. This family opened their home to our cats for 2+ years agreed to take care of them the way that we do.

Mark and Chelsea THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I was given a choice to have a different job while in the Peace Corps! I was offered the opportunity to be a Teacher Trainer instead of doing TEFL. My inbox this morning said that my PC Account had been updated, I scoured but couldn't find any job description stuff. I know its a bit premature because I haven't been given the position yet but the opportunity is newsworthy enough to blog about. I could help write syllabi's, lessons, and textbooks for the whole country's English language programs. This is mind boggling! Unfortunately this means that I will not be teaching students unless I have a second job teaching, but I think that this is a fantastic thing and I will let it ride if it happens.

What this would mean for Kristy and I, is that I would need to be in a Regional Capitol. A Regional Capitol is like a State Capitol but I am unsure if Mauritania has states, I think its only Regions. This also increases our chances at having some basic amenities like electricity. It will make our cost of living a bit higher, but leave us with all things that come with living in a larger city as opposed to a small town.

2 comments:

Brandon Forester said...

That's cool. Hopefully with you being in a regional capital it will mean you'll get to see other PC volunteers coming through like myself and we can watch terrible scifi movies!

Anonymous said...

when do you leave again?