Monday, January 26, 2009

Stranger Than Fishin'

Life has a way of sneaking up on us, all of us everywhere. This is one of those things that just happens. What has happened to Kristy and I in the RIM is that we now find ourselves busier than we have been in a long time.

Kristy's work is rolling along with Eco-Clubs starting at her 2 schools. The clubs will focus on the environment being awesome and ways to preserve and appreciate it. Preserving things is not a priority in a fatalist society, as God will do as they see fit.

My work is rolling along as well. I am getting through to some of my students, always a plus. I have started at least 1 English club for practicing that elusive and difficult language, more to come when I can motivate the teachers into it. I will start an adult English class tomorrow, inshalla, and there was a special request for a government officials English class. I have started to track teachers down myself because I have not been helped as I was promised. All this and I get loads of days off, weird huh?

We watched Obama swear in, there was an informal party to do so, good times. We really felt appreciated when he referred to people watching in small villages around the world. I hope that he is able to do some of the things he has promised, so far things are looking positive.

Kristy participated in a Karate demo here in town, she is now extremely popular.

Senegal is on next months ajenda, we will be participating in W.A.I.S.T. (West African International Softball Tournament). This is going to be great, but I am afraid the timing will stunt some of our prjoects.

0 comments: