Sunday, September 6, 2009

Steady, As She Goes

I recently plugged The Gambia into my blog, it's everywhere now and Mauritania is in the background but not forgotten. Go look, there is even a map of Essau on the bottom of the blog.

We are still waiting around at The Stodge, the transit house, whilst our new home is having it's pit latrine put into good working order. Our only news is that we have met a lot of the other volunteers and are working on adjusting to the climate and our lush green surroundings.

I have neglected to take pictures here, with a strong tourist culture it is hard to differentiate ourselves from tourists if we do the same things as them. I think that this will be different in our village and home but for now in the touristy areas I will abstain, until my Mandinka skills are better.

0 comments: