Saturday, November 15, 2008

American Pie

Life continues as it often does, it is slow and steady here. Thanksgiving is on my mind a lot, it is really astounding how much more I like America being away from it. I will stand firm on my dislike on the origins of this holiday, don't get me wrong.

I do not really have anything of note to report, and I am merely writing to let all who will see that I am alive and well.

Work is work. Students are not much different the world over. Some want to learn, some want to talk, and I believe that they all crave structure and will press boundaries just to see what they can get away with. My Teacher Trainer stuff is slowly starting I hope that this is like The Tortoise And The Hare and that I will keep a good pace my whole time here.

I am currently learning Hassanya, it is a dialect of Arabic. I never knew that my mouth could make some of those noises. Like any language it is coming along slowly and the more I practice the better I will become.

We have resigned that our landlord is not going to fix our plumbing and have started repairs
ourselves. It is a bit of an adventure going into a hardware store and having to describe what the piece your looking for.

2 comments:

Le Sigh said...

You're working on plumbing? LOL. B, you are not a plumber but you've always been interested in how things work so I honestly believe you'll do good work. I miss you both. My big move is November 22 and after that I will be sending you lovely kids another package. As for the package that is MIA, I have an insider getting info for me. Love you!

Anonymous said...

yup, isn't it weird how great certain things that brought so much disdain at one point, in America, seem nowadays. did not see that one coming.
-Amanda