Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ghouls Night Out

I would like to wish everyone a blessed Samhain (Happy Halloween). We were able to spend the night of Halloween with friends we hadn't seen a while, it was a great time, almost too great. Holidays remind me how much I miss home, its kinda a bummer.

It almost doesn't really feel like it is November because it is hot, still. Regardless of how much Mauritanians tell me its cold, I disbelieve it. I am actually looking forward to the cold season that everyone talks about. Supposedly within a few weeks it will be sweater weather until noon for over a month.

I started my classes, its really hard to tell how many students I have. I expect to get a roster within a couple weeks so I will know for sure but from my attendance I have a class of 40 and a class of 45. More kids will filter in though, I know it. There are still even a lot of teachers that are not here yet. I never really thought that work ethic was something that I thought I would miss but I do, a lot. I will do what I can to lead by example. I have hope to be able to start my teacher trainer job soon I have tentative plans to meet with the DREN and director of my lycee {high school} to discuss where I will be most effective, what they want out of my, and to try and propose some of the ideas that I have.

0 comments: