Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Roller Coaster of Love

This last week + has been quite the roller coaster, thats right a tired ye olde phrase of ups and downs. I am so ready to be done in the US and ready to start our new lives in the RIM. I think hope and pray that the things that we are searching for in the human species are actually located in Mauritania, I know I see them here.

I see that people genuinely care about each other here, but I see the malice coat most everything, the greed motivate, and apathy crush dreams under its uncaring (<--- oooh! context clue) weight. I know I know I know that these things exist everywhere, but to the degree that they do here? That is what I am seeking, not to find a utopia that is a fools errand, we build our ideal worlds and shape our perspectives to hone in on that which we seek.
Now thats done and out of me

I have another school day off, which gives me the time to write this. I have to sleep as its not even 6 and I have been up since 4 I just couldnt sleep. Shaved, showered, dressed up with no place to go, HAHA.

Japanese food and Lionking tonight! Hurray for date night. It will be our last live performance until we can catch something in Mauritania.

We have started to amass more gear for our trip; YAY! Fun, fun, headlamps and Leatherman tools, we have some camera memory cards coming too which is something I am looking forward to as I want to take lots of pictures, I promise I will post them as I am able and I will try to get some good ones.

So two things happened in the adventure, Philly is no longer the staging location, it's now Atlanta. I am unsure how I feel about this. I dearly wanted to see my brother and father prior to me leaving the country for a couple years, but I also am glad that the journey will start with a clean break and I can start to hang out with our country mates of June 08. The ones I have met seem to be really cool, all really unique and caring individuals.

Second thing, the date of leaving to staging was solidified, we are scheduled to leave the P-Burg on the 17th. That is a mere 10 days after Eric and Sarah's wedding. LOL I will be living out of a suitcase for their wedding! That is just too funny to me, I will have to be uber presentable in a tux and all, and my life will be in such a state of disarray and material simplicity. Too great!

I am gonna stop now because I think that my mindless ramblings have become just that, mindless.

0 comments: