Friday, June 13, 2008

Leaving Jesusland

I have been trying to leave Ohio and go see the world again for half my life; I have accomplished this feat. I currently have no apartment, no car, and a sparse amount of belongings between my wife and I in our bags and packs. The feeling of having so little is liberating and intimidating at the same time. I think I like it.

Kristy and I lived at Shannon’s for a few weeks and her kindness and patience have been tested to limits. She will never know how much she has done for Kristy and I because words cannot express it.

Kristy is in Colorado and will continue to be until the 17th when the group of RIM Peace Corps Trainees meets up at our hotel. Shannon and I dropped Kristy off at the Akron airport and drove to Philadelphia on the 12th it was a great drive and a good time. I am in Philly visiting my Jeremiah, Kelly, and Pops. We were received warmly; it is good to see them. My brother’s shop is fantastic; when I look at it I see that he is a thriving businessman who lives the dream, instead of merely dreaming the life.

Over the last week I have said goodbye to so many of my friends and loved ones. It has been one of the most humbling experiences of my life to receive so many well wishes from the people whose opinions and affection I hold so dearly, thank you to all the people who have helped us along this crazy ride.

One of the places I had the honor of saying goodbye was at Saric and Erah’s (Eric and Sarah) wedding; it was awesome, truly. I was privy to stand next to my best friend while two people dedicated themselves to their loves before their friends, family, the Earth, and the creator. I am glad knowing that I can leave them in that state of happiness and marital bliss, I wish only the best for them. Leaving my friends and family from that reception hall was hard; tears flowed as freely as the beer and champagne.

I feel that the amount of my blogs will slow down soon so I am trying to take advantage, as I am able. I have a journal and will be transferring some of the entries that I feel are appropriate for the eyes of interweb. I have started a Picasa account and will be adding pictures to it as soon as I can, look for the link to pictures on the sidebar.

0 comments: