Monday, June 16, 2008

Leaving On A Jet Plane

I know that I mention leaving a lot lately and while it is a major part of what is happening with this part of the journey, I want to focus the rest of this part of my journey on arriving. I have decided that my migration is no longer going to be an emigration but is going to be immigration. Our lives are colored by the way that we look at them more so then what is actually happening; I am not nervous, I am excited it’s the same energy caused by the same thing but it means a world of difference.

Tomorrow: I arrive in Atlanta, I will reunite with my lovely wife, and I get to meet the people that will be braving the Sahara with Kristy and I. It’s going to be fantastic, this is the culmination of years of work for us and it’s almost surreal to think about. I get to live in a country that so few have even heard of, work with peers from all two different continents, learn about new cultures, attempt to do some good, and all of it next to the smartest, strongest, most beautiful person I have ever met. I couldn’t ask for more out of my life.

0 comments: