Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wild World

I added an album with some pictures to my Picasa account. This is going to be some last American internet for a hot min, oh and I do mean hot. Its even about to be the wet season and its much cooler now then it could be. I am pretty excited about the weekend Kristy and I are going to get a new family and live with them for quite a few weeks. (oh btw fun fact here in Mauritania Sunday is the first day of the week and it IS a work day. So first day of the weekend, is Friday.)

I took a language placement test and get to find out where my level of expertise is, and how much French I have to learn prior to my language. There are a few here I may get to learn: Wolof, Pulaar, Hassaniyya, or Soninke.

I am super tired, but having fun much love to all.

I am gonna work the link momentarily.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going well.... :) So how'd you do on the language test?? lol Can't wait to hear about your new family... Do you know what your job will be yet?? Love getting your posts.. oh and btw.. the native gear??? looks aweome !!! :)
Christina

Unknown said...

Your website made me feel very nostalgic for my 9 years in Velingara. Would any of your Pulaar speaking friends like free copies of a paper in Pulaar? See http://soon.org.uk/fulani/free-papers.php

We mail them free of charge if specifically requested.

Thanks, Jane