Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish



My school year is over, it is a bitter sweet thing. Most everyone is off to bigger and better things, some of my students are doomed to repeat history (class). I had the most amazing bunch of coworkers, seriously the Executive Cluster helped me out phenomenally. I am proud to have been a part of it and I will carry the lessons that I have been taught as a n0ob teacher and now walk away with a fuller pack of skills and I am proud to say that I have the "stop what you're doing and get back on task look".

I was given some parting gifts, trinkets for our journey, help from trusted friends, promises of future contact, and the sweetest book of memories. The cluster banded together and had the students write down: what they learned from Mr Sisco, what they liked about Mr Sisco, and a wish for the future for Mr Sisco. I was deeply touched that many of the lessons I taught included pieces of character in addition to American or World history.

I already miss room 111 and Robinson Middle School.

If any of my former coworkers or students from any of my schools read this; I would love to hear from you and will write back.


I can count my days left in Ohio on my hands.

0 comments: