Sunday, July 20, 2008

21st Century (Digital Boy)

Hello to all, this will be short and sweet. I really wanted to say that I have uploaded a few new pictures into my Picasa account. We are back at the center and are to learn our permanent sites soon. It is great to see everyone again. It is amazing to think its not even been a whole month yet!

I have lost over 20 lbs, it is a bit bitter sweet for me. While I have been wanting to be a bit more man-trim for a while I think a bit more than anything is muscle mass. I am going to have to exercise more. I have been walking a lot more and there is no actual fast food in my diet but I may get as much grease and oil. I think my weight loss can be summed up with: lots of walking, drinking at least 3 liters of water a day, the occasional battles with the Mauritania version of Montezuma's Revenge, and my portion sizes are different, by different I mean I try not to eat my families cooking unless I can identify it. I fully expect to get some weight back as soon as I am able to have a bit more control of my diet.

We have our phones back and I will post the number soon for the people who don't to chat for free with Skype. I guess there actually is an option with Skype that you can call internationally and it may be cheaper then making a long distance call, look into it if you want to talk. I have got to get moving soon, mosquitoes are eating me while I sit and type.

OH! If there is a teacher out there that would like to do a long distance project with me there is some possibility in that - email or leave a message on the blog here.

2 comments:

R said...

Thanks for posting the pictures, it is great to get a peek into your life.

Anonymous said...

The pics are great! I see the peek of the skirt I gave Kristy, I'm glad she likes it and is getting some use out of it. Your family looks nice.