Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Hello everyone!

Its my birthday today I made it to the big 30! I have to admit that its harder today then I thought it was going to be. I have great friends and a loving wife who have wished me happy birthday wishes here though and the thought and love they have bestowed on me is wonderous.

I am still very much struggling with French and I know that my inability to speak is my largest downfall here in Mauritania.

I want to list some joys I have found here to keep me sane

Kristy's smile
baby goats
Fanta
Summer's mom jokes
gettign fish instead of goat for lunch
my host siblings
every fricken PCT and PCV and all of the people here that help the PC out
cool nights
kind patient teachers
the small moments where I get to steal a kiss - no one may see our affection its a taboo
my solar shower
knowing how to get home
wrapping my turbin well enough to get props
feeling like I will be able to work to do some good here

2 comments:

R said...

Happy Birthday Brian! Hang in there, I bet in a few weeks that list will be even longer :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your birthday was good. I feel so redundant telling you that I miss and love you but it's true. I'm wearing your green Guinness shirt right now. Tel Kristy I miss and love her too please